Local Government Area
Mount Isa
Population
1,796 (2021 census)
Area
1.73 km²
Coordinates
-20.7053, 139.4898
Data
Based on Australian Bureau of Statistics ASGS boundaries, licensed under CC BY 4.0.

Map data © OpenStreetMap contributors

Weather

Loading weather…

About Soldiers Hill (Qld)

Soldiers Hill is a mineside suburb of Mount Isa in the City of Mount Isa, Queensland, located 3.8 kilometres north of the Mount Isa central business district. Named on 1 September 1973 by the Queensland Place Names Board, the suburb was a locality before becoming a suburb on 16 March 2001. Bounded by the Barkly Highway to the west and the Leichhardt River to the east, it is one of the suburbs on the western mining side of the river. Barkly Highway State School opened on 27 January 1959 and was officially opened on 16 May 1959 by Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone. In 1954, St James Anglican Church from Parkside was relocated here and renamed St Oswald's Anglican Church before being sold for removal. Gallipoli Park, Leichhardt Park, Quota Park, Urquhart Street Park and Wellington Oval are notable landmarks.

Nearby localities